Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why does my bread smell and taste like nail polish removal?

This is home made bread I just made and granted it's my first time baking this I still don't see how it tastes so bad. Anyone have suggestions for better bread in the future?Why does my bread smell and taste like nail polish removal?
Did you use a new pan to bake the bread in? Perhaps there was some kind of coating on the pan or a label attached with glue and the taste went into the bread.


Did the bread look good? If it looked like a loaf of bread then it should taste like one. How about the ingredients you used, were any of them exposed to other tastes before you used them?





It could be possible a piece of plastic or something got in your oven and melted and that could have been absorbed by the bread. Melting plastic smells similar to finger nail polish remover.





No, don't just give up and buy your bread, bad advice. You can do this.Why does my bread smell and taste like nail polish removal?
You may just not be able to smell properly or you have a sinus infection or just do not know how to cook. Maybe you best just buy your bread at the store or try another recipe.
ur bread mayb old and its probaly bout to mold...dont eat it u will get sick...hope this helps

2 comments:

  1. I had this happen to me. I was baking two loaves of French bread yesterday, my DH came in and said the kitchen smelled like paint thinner. I recall one other time it happened and can only think its because I used too much yeast.
    It can only be that in my case. Both times I'd switched from my usual finer instant dry to a new jar of regular yeast and I measured out too much.
    Rather disappointing when the smell of bread baking is a let down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this happen to me. I was baking two loaves of French bread yesterday, my DH came in and said the kitchen smelled like paint thinner. I recall one other time it happened and can only think its because I used too much yeast.
    It can only be that in my case. Both times I'd switched from my usual finer instant dry to a new jar of regular yeast and I measured out too much.
    Rather disappointing when the smell of bread baking is a let down!

    ReplyDelete