Friday, January 15, 2010

My 2 yr old daughter painted my 10 month old baby's face and body with nail polish! Safe removal tips? Help!

Nail polish will naturally come off the skin in probably less than a day with just soap and water. The natural oils in the skin will cause the nail polish to flake off. Which is ok if there is just a small amount of it, but knowing toddlers she probably got the whole bottle smeared on there. Acetone free nail polish remover (the kind with moisturizers and vitamins added, expensive but this is your baby's face we are talking about). Bath immediately after and use lots of moisturizer.





You're lucky it was just nail polish, wait until she finds the black permanent marker and the scissors!My 2 yr old daughter painted my 10 month old baby's face and body with nail polish! Safe removal tips? Help!
not even gonna ask how that happened...how much is on there??My 2 yr old daughter painted my 10 month old baby's face and body with nail polish! Safe removal tips? Help!
nail polish remover then moisturiser then keep all your make up out of the way its easy done!!!! i keep my bedroom door locked, i have a tub for pens,crayons,paints,playdough,scissors i had to learn the hard way hehe good luck
Acetone free nail polish remover. Take pictures first, cause your kids will want to laugh at this with you when they're older.
i agree with the above answer(s), and make sure the baby's face doesn't get wrinkly, because then whatever you're using is too strong, or has a bad effect on babies. and then for a couple days when giving your baby a bath, don't scrub hard on the places where the nail polish was, because on certain skin it has an after-feel kind of thing, hope i helped!
Ohh no. What a cheeky monkey. Sounds silly but try baby wipes. Might work as I used them to clean my stove top to get grease and baked on foods off. Otherwise baby oil, make up remover, ummmmm can't think of anything else. If all else fail maybe you will have to use acetone FREE nail polish remover. You can get all natural oil based ones that I would think to be safe enough. Good luck
Acetone free nail polish remover. And then bath the baby and apply moisturizer after removing the nail polish.
If use Acetone be carefull! If it gets into the eyes...


Just because the baybies move a lot... so watch out!
I would try a washcloth and the baby's regular soap before I tried nail polish remover. I am pregnant and HUGE and have trouble painting my own toes now. But I've found that if I just go ahead and get messy with it, the part that gets on my skin comes off easily enough in the shower with shower gloves or a pedicure brush and my daughter's Johnson%26amp;Johnson.


(The reason I suggest the baby soap isn't because it works better, but because it is less drying and you WILL need to rub more than usual, so less drying is good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment