Friday, January 15, 2010

Upon injury to big toe nail, What procedures should one take, bandage, ointment, removal of toe nail etc. ?

A couple days ago a paper shredder fell on my big toe. Three days later (last night) it punctured and blead. I could tell the toe nail had disconnected by at least 50%. I pressed it back down, washed it and put a loose bandage on it. This morning I wrapped it tighter to be able to put on a shoes and go to work. I'm curious to learn how to care for it until it heals. I really don't want to take the time required to sit in a doctors office for half a day and then return another half dozen times during the healing process.Upon injury to big toe nail, What procedures should one take, bandage, ointment, removal of toe nail etc. ?
had the same thing happen to me with my pinky toe...it puntured and bled...i put a banage on it...then just left it and it fell off my itself....the part that your toe is disconnected will grow out and push the old toe off,
  • lips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment