Sunday, December 27, 2009

Can someone give me information on toe nail removal surgery please?

My GP has recommended that I have both my big toe nails and nail beds surgically removed. Can someone please give me the info on what is involved etc?





Many thanksCan someone give me information on toe nail removal surgery please?
This is generally carried out under local in the GP's surgery.





A digital block is produced by injecting a mix of 50% lidocaine+50% marcaine into the nerves at each side of the toe. This is painful, but once injected the remainder of the procedure is painless.





The nail is then twisted of and phenolic acid pushed into the nail bed on Q-tips for 2 minutes. The acid is then neutralised by flushing with surgical spirit.





The marcaine anaesthetic takes about 7 hours to wear off and by this time the toe is usually pain free.Can someone give me information on toe nail removal surgery please?
I had both of my great toe nails removed in 1994. To this day I have residual nails that peel off in layers so I don't know if it was done correctly. Being immobile after the removal of the nails I developed pneumonia and was in the hospital for 9 days.
  • lips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment