Friday, January 15, 2010

Removal of Tibia nail?

I broke my tibia 14 months ago, spiral fracture. I had the nail and 4 screws put in. Long story short. I had non union so had a larger nail put in 6 months after the original break. It is now 8 months later and Im still experincing pain. I've had all 4 screws already removed. And since I had the last ones removed 4 weeks ago. I now have pain throughout my entire lower leg. Does this make sense? Is the nail moving around? And final most important question. Should I have it removed and has anyone else removed theirs?


Thanks in advanceRemoval of Tibia nail?
I know exactly how you feel. I had screws put in my leg. My doc. told me it might be a year before it gets completely better. I think your pain is just from where the screws were.





I think you should have the nail removed if possible though. I think you should go in to your orthopedic and let him make sure nothing is wrong or anything.





(after I had my screws removed, I broke my other leg 2 months later!)

No comments:

Post a Comment