Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Foot pain after nail removal?

I had a part of my ingrown big toe nail removed several weeks ago. The part where they removed the nail has scabbed over, and then fell off several times. However, now I am starting to get pain on the toe again and my foot is generally sore. On top of that, I had sharp pains a few days ago in my foot when pressure was applied. Could this is related to the removal? Should I see my doctor?





Thanks in advanced and please no smart alec answers!Foot pain after nail removal?
It might have been related but it comes from a very different part of the foot. You have to go to the back of the arch for this one. With your foot in your lap place both thumbs, side by side, in the very back of your arch, right in front of the heel and press them in hard and hold. Wait 30 seconds and then pull your toes up as far as you can. Release the pressure but hold your toes there for another 30 seconds.Foot pain after nail removal?
Is your toe exceptionally warm to touch, swollen or discolored (red-ish)? If so consult your doctor, this may be a sign of an infection which may cause the symptoms you have described.





If you have none of these conditions, I would wait a few more weeks and see if the pain lessens on it's own. I've had several ingrown nail's removed and it does remain slightly painful for quite some time following the procedure. If it is still a problem after another couple weeks I would seek advice from your primary care physician.





Good luck!
soak your foot every night in hot epsons salt water. you can buy epsons salt at the drug store - it is cheap and helps to draw out any infection and assists with healing.





shoes - wide toe shoes will always be essential in order to avoid pain or growing another ingrown toe nail. you can't get an operation and return to the same things that caused the problem.





i buy my shoes on line cause most stores do not respect the need for comfortable well fitting shoes unless you get those real ugly ones.





clarks has a good selection of wide toed clogs - so does earth shoes.





and look allie (bot) who goes by many names is pushing a prescription pain killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment