Wednesday, January 13, 2010

When Can I go for removal of Nail inserted in Broken Leg Bone?

I was operated in Dec .07.A nail was inserted in my leg bone with 3 screws.I was told that after 1 year the nail is to be removed.How long can I go without removing the nail?When Can I go for removal of Nail inserted in Broken Leg Bone?
Mostly people dont remove screws once inserted to fix a bone as it is painful and again requires physio theraphy to gain full motion of the effected area.





The screws inseted do not cause any harm to the body ,if u have crossed the age of 21-23 and still have the screws then need not remove as ur bone will not grow more ,however if u are around 15-17 years then it is advised that u remove the screws as it might hamper bone growth.





When Can I go for removal of Nail inserted in Broken Leg Bone?



http://infoanswering.jouwstartpagina.com


you can get much information in this website, If you will check anyone blue link in website



You can remove. However, before doing that you consult the concerned doctor and with his help removing the nail is better.
Until it starts moving.





Thy use stainless steel, so unless it gets uncomfortable, it could theoretically stay in your leg all your life.





Ask your doctor the next time you see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment