Friday, January 15, 2010

Any henna nail stain removal methods?

I dyed my friends hair and stupid me, didn't wear gloves. we used henna to dye her hair and naturally my hands and nails ended up being stained. the stain came out of my hands within a few weeks but it's been months and I still have the stains in the tips of my nails (due to how much they've grown since). I've soaked my nails in pure acetone, acetone free nailpolish remover, diluted bleach and used different paints but the stains are still there. does anyone have any other ideas that I could try before I settle for putting up with it??Any henna nail stain removal methods?
Henna is a natural dye and it binds with the keratin in hair and skin and nails.


It is a permanent dye.


There is really nothing you can do to get rid of it on your nails.


Perhaps you can gently file the top layer of dyed nail down to lighten it similar to the way a nail person would when applying acrylic nails.Be very careful if you do this. Otherwise, just use another color and paint over it until the dyed nail grows out.


Or you can dye your nails some more with henna to keep it colored.Any henna nail stain removal methods?
try #40 developer. it is 40% peroxide, then use some lotion it dries the skin bad. i did the same thing a few years ago. get the developer from any beauty supply shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment