Sunday, December 27, 2009

Will I be able to work after nail removal?

I am going to have both of my big toenails removed next week. I cant afford to take any time off of work. Will I be able to work the next day? I work at a job that requires standing and walking all day.Will I be able to work after nail removal?
I had 2 ingrown toe nails removed about 2 years ago. I did not have the whole nail removed the doctor under local just cut down the sides of the nail. I had to have dressings on them for a week and changed twice by a nurse twice in that week. I was a lifeguard at the time and I would not have dreamt of working. The pain was bearable when at rest. Just a dull achey throbbing pain. It became worse when i walked on it. I did not go back to work till the dressings came off.





It really depends on what your pain tolerance is. I guess i have a low threshold. Though the other reason was becasue i dont think i could have done my job properly if i did have to make a rescue.





Hope this helps. I would take at least a day off as the local takes about 4-5 hours to wear off and it is amazing how hard it is to walk with numb toes!!!





Hope this helps!Will I be able to work after nail removal?
Yes... most people are able to tolerate the minimal discomfort of the procedure - some even with simple over-the-counter pain medications. You'll have to wear sloppy fitting shoes or post-op shoes, but either way you ought to do just fine.





Believe me... I've done hundreds and hundreds of the same procedure.





(((( r u randy? ))))
Ask the doctor if it's ok. My friend had one of hers removed and went back to work, but months later is still having pain and seepage...can you wear slippers or sandals at work? Be REALLY CAREFUL NOT to bump it
well i dont know from experience but my brother got that done and he was in a lot of pain and in a job that requires you to stand I'd say you are s.o.l if you know what i mean...





xoxo


laci

No comments:

Post a Comment