Sunday, December 27, 2009

I had a nail removal operation for ingrowing nail but it reoccured. What should I do?

Doctors suggest me that I should go for a plastic surgery for the correction of the nail bed but I am scared with the operation.I had a nail removal operation for ingrowing nail but it reoccured. What should I do?
Would you rather have surgery once or continuously get ingrown nails for the rest of your life?I had a nail removal operation for ingrowing nail but it reoccured. What should I do?
idk
I had both of the outer 1/3 edges of my big toe nails removed and my pediatrist told me it is possible they will grow back to some degree and if that happened to make another appointment and he would re-do the procedure using the max amount of medication to kill the nail bed. I had 1 of the 4 edges re-grow back a little and he did the procedure again on the nail side with no extra charge. I had no more problems after the 2nd procedure. I had normal nails and nail beds. If yours are abnormal or have a condition which requires further surgery you may only have that option but I would certainly ask about having the original procedure re-done for that specific nail/nail bed first.
you should first see a podiatrist to make sure that they cant help you for a smaller sum of money, then if they think you should go for an operation make sure you get a good opinion from multiple practitioners. Don't worry if it comes down to an operation, there is nothing to worry about as you would be in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment